PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the Drink

Anuradha Nautiyal
14-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Female Purple Sunbird caught in the act in my garden.

Camera: Nikon D90 (55-200mm)
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160) Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 200 mm ISO : 200

Sabyasachi Patra
14-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Watching these sunbirds and other birds in ones own garden is always a pleasure.

The image is nice and sharp. The f8 aperture has ensured good depth of field and the flower (hibiscus) and the bird are in focus. The water droplets in the flower is nice. I guess the railings are close to the plants, and has appeared in the image. I may brighten the image a bit more and open up the shadows.

The male sunbirds are much more colourful. Any luck with them? Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
14-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Lovely image. Sharp. Its quite difficult to photograph a sunbird. Liked the composition. Nice perch.The flower with the water droplets enhance the image further.

Look forward to more..

Anuradha Nautiyal
15-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi and Mrudul ...

@Sabyasachi - yes it is indeed fun to watch birds , insects and reptiles in our garden. I saw a variety of birds frequenting a papaya tree at my in-laws place , So I have planted some papaya seeds now in my own garden (maybe a week ago) and since then I am already counting my birds :-) LOL

@Mrudul - yeah the sunbirds just don't sit still .. I think I just got lucky and found the bird drinking the nectar. I have another male sunbird shot also but there I was not so lucky ... will probably soon upload that one too.

Praveen Siddannavar
15-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Anu - Nice first post & welcome again to Indiawilds. Sunbirds are always difficult to shot especially at close range, agree with Sabyasachi about the railing in BG. You have a very nice garden and opportunities to shot are plenty and these days we sight many birds in our apartment complex, apart from the garden it is good to see natural greenary at HSR layout and surroundings of our apartment.

Looking forward to more, TFS

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 04:03 AM
A nice first shot. The droplets on the hibiscus add to the image. Were you able to photograph any male sunbirds?