Photographed in Ranganathittu
Camera: Canon 40D,
Lens : 70-300IS

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi Ahiraj,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

A nice first post.

I found the following Exif details from your image:ISO 100, f8, 1/80.

In 40D, You can increase the ISO beyond ISO 100. ISO 200 would have given you 1/160 th of second and would have been better. I am assuming you were handholding. A higher shutter speed will also ensure, more details in the image.

The flash is well controlled. I am surprised that at f8, the background is blurred. Any blurring of background during post processing?

There is a slight gap between the branch and the sky in the lower left corner. You may crop that.

Overall I like this image. You can upload a bigger sized image ie. max 800 pixels on the longest side. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ahiraj Bhat
15-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi Ahiraj,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

A nice first post.

I found the following Exif details from your image:ISO 100, f8, 1/80.

In 40D, You can increase the ISO beyond ISO 100. ISO 200 would have given you 1/160 th of second and would have been better. I am assuming you were handholding. A higher shutter speed will also ensure, more details in the image.

The flash is well controlled. I am surprised that at f8, the background is blurred. Any blurring of background during post processing?

There is a slight gap between the branch and the sky in the lower left corner. You may crop that.

Overall I like this image. You can upload a bigger sized image ie. max 800 pixels on the longest side. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Hi Sabyasachi

Your suggestions are really valuable.

I shot this pic in the morning. As u said, i should have increased the ISO beyond 200 to have a fatser shutter speed. But in a hurry i missed it.

Canon 70- 300 IS Lens provide a decent blured background with F8.0. I have not use any post processing technique for blurring background ( i really dont know how peaople do it !)

I am new to photography and learning the techniques. I would really appreciate criticas and suggestions on my pics

Regards
Ahiraj Bhat

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Sabyasachi

Your suggestions are really valuable.

I have not use any post processing technique for blurring background ( i really dont know how peaople do it !)

I am new to photography and learning the techniques. I would really appreciate criticas and suggestions on my pics

Regards
Ahiraj Bhat

Ahiraj,
I am sure you will learn a lot here. Wildlife photography is a lifelong learning. Be honest with your work and you will see your progress up.

I don't clone. It is against my ethics. I have seen a few good photographers stagnating because they are placing more emphasis on cloning rather than polishing their skills. I think it is better to be attentive in the field rather than clone later.

Try to look at the images posted and visualise yourself and think what you would have done in that situation. That helps a lot in learning. Look forward to more images and your thoughts in the various discussions.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi Ahiraj,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Nice first post. Sharp. Liked the eye contact. Photographing with the sky in background is a bit difficult. Agree with the comments above. Look forward to see more of your images.

Keep posting..

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Nice image Ahiraj. I like the catchlight in the eye.

Ahiraj Bhat
19-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Ahiraj,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Nice first post. Sharp. Liked the eye contact. Photographing with the sky in background is a bit difficult. Agree with the comments above. Look forward to see more of your images.

Keep posting..
Thank You Mrudul