Ahiraj Bhat
15-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Photographed in Ranganathittu
Camers: Canon 40D
Lens : 70-300 IS

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Exif: ISO 100, f8, 1/80.

The image size uploaded is small. You can upload image with longest side at 800 pixel. That will make for much better viewing and critiquing.

I like the colours in this image. Moving the camera slightly to the left would have been better as you could have avoided inclusion of the flower on the right. There is also a hint of flower on the lower frame. That can also be cropped.

Were you handholding or using some sort of support system like monopod, tripod etc? Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Nice colours and details. The image is sharp at 1/80. Liked the perch. The BG is nicely blurred.

Keep posting..

Ahiraj Bhat
15-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Nice colours and details. The image is sharp at 1/80. Liked the perch. The BG is nicely blurred.

Keep posting..
Thank You Mrudul :)

Ahiraj Bhat
15-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Exif: ISO 100, f8, 1/80.

The image size uploaded is small. You can upload image with longest side at 800 pixel. That will make for much better viewing and critiquing.

I like the colours in this image. Moving the camera slightly to the left would have been better as you could have avoided inclusion of the flower on the right. There is also a hint of flower on the lower frame. That can also be cropped.

Were you handholding or using some sort of support system like monopod, tripod etc? Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
Hi Sabyasachi

I agree with you. As you said , the flower parts on the right hand side are distracting. (The protion was uncropped because i wanted the flower stem to start from right hand corner to provide diagnol effect and also provide some breathing space for the subject)

I will crop and recompose and post it in a very near future

This snap is takan Handheld

Regards

Ahiraj Bhat

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice colours. The blurred background looks good. Agree about avoiding the hint of the flowers on the right and bottom.

Siddhartha Gogoi
14-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Lovely photograph Ahiraj, it would've been a little better if you could've avoided the flowers on the right just like Sabyasachi and Bibhav have pointed out. What beautiful colors!!

Regards,
Siddhartha