PDA

View Full Version : Yawn

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2009, 06:08 PM
This is also from my files. An adolescent who was starting to branch out from its mother. I had spent one afternoon waiting for this guy to wake up. It woke up, yawned and left. That is wildlife photography. At times even a tiger a few feet away means nothing in terms of photography. :(

Canon EOS 10D, Canon EF 300mm f4 L IS USM, 1.4x TC, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/90 . A slight crop to correct camera tilt. ISO 400 is not good in the 10D camera.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anuradha Nautiyal
15-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi Sabyasachi.. This again is a wonderful image with a great moment. You are sooooo lucky... I wish one day I will get an opportunity to click such moments..

Personally I would have cropped the image little bit from the bottom .. maybe just above the watermark.

Praveen Siddannavar
15-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Hats off to your patience Sabyasachi & it paid off by yawning that too a wide one:). I guess this is a rare shot.
I agree with Anu about the crop, also it would have been interesting had there been more water as I notice some amount of reflection. With whole relfection the image would have been even more great.

Mrudul Godbole
15-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Lovely moment captured. Sharp image. I think your wait was surely paid off with this photograph. Agree with Anu, a slight crop from the bottom would enhance the image further.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I have been reviewing my old images. I had never shared this image earlier.

The head is very close to the left frame, partly because I had to adjust for the tilt in the camera. The tiger just tilted back and yawned. I Didn't want to miss it and fired the shot.

The vegetation at the bottom right corner was a bit bright for my taste. The water and the grass gives a cooling effect and the tiger sleeps there. I wanted that to be portrayed. However, I agree that cropping from the bottom helps.

The learning for me from this image was the sharpness even at a slow shutter speed of 1/90 second.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sagar Patil
15-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Great shot and teaching too.

This is the LEISURE. Let it be forever in our land.

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 03:55 AM
a different image. I dont mind the closeness to the frame in this case. feels like it is resting its head on the edge of the frame and yawning.