PDA

View Full Version : Red Pierrot

Anuradha Nautiyal
16-11-2009, 01:50 PM
This shot is from my archive and one of my first shots of a butterfly. This again was taken in our garden. Only if I could have got it from front

I believe this is a Red Pierrot . If anyone thinks otherwise please do let me know.
C&C are welcome

Thanks
Anu

Praveen Siddannavar
16-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Butterflies are always a challenge to photograph, the colors have come out well, however it could have been a bit more sharp. Do share the EXIF details so that commenting by experts will be more effective.

Mrudul Godbole
16-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Lovely colours. Sharp image. You can post a bigger image with the longest side upto 800 pixels, to help in commenting better. Thanks for sharing..

Sagar Patil
16-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Anuradha, Macro lovers like me have lots to do in your garden :)

Pierrots are easy to shoot from closer distance. They give good responce for times. You can go further close next time.

Keep more bflies come....

Sabyasachi Patra
16-11-2009, 10:30 PM
I like the colours in the butterfly and the flowers. I think a vertical framing would have worked better here.

Recently, I read that farmers in China are forced to do job of pollinating themselves in the absence of butterflies and bees. May these beautiful creatures keep on fluttering their wings...
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Lovely colours. Agree that a vertical frame will look better.

Anuradha Nautiyal
17-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for all your comments. I am posting a larger picture as suggested by you. Also adding the exif details which I had forgotten earlier.

Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Speed: 200

I agree ..It will look better in vertical frame.. Maybe I can crop some part from the left

Thanks
Anu