PDA

View Full Version : Giants of Kabini - 12

Vikram Nanjappa
24-01-2009, 07:52 PM
The twelveth
ISO 200, 1/320, f4, 42.4mm equivalent to 255mm in 35mm format, Panasonic DMC-FZ20

Sabyasachi Patra
25-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Vikram,
I like this composition. Nice scene. Good depth of field. The road leads the eye into the image.

Vikram Nanjappa
25-01-2009, 07:10 PM
How did you manage to get the details of exposure etc ? kindly let me know.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Vikram,
There are two methods. I often use Mozilla Firefox browser and I have installed a plugin which shows me the EXIF data. However, when I am in office, the office firewall blocks it. So I do it the hard way. Download the image and then check the details using Zoombrowser (it only gives aperture and shutter speed) or Adobe Lightroom. Adobe Lightroom is a raw converter and cataloguing software. It shows up all the details. All the colour, contrast etc corrections I do in that software.

I included got the image data and edited your posts to include those, so that people can appreciate. One can learn if he/she studies the images.

Vikram Nanjappa
26-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks. How do I get hold of the plug in for Mozilla ? Which software do you use for your post processing work ?

Sabyasachi Patra
26-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I will find the link for the plugin and send it to you. I use Adobe Lightroom for my raw conversions. I don't use photoshop or any other software as I don't do any corrections beyond the basic colour, contrast and tone curve. The same lightroom I can use for making corrections to jpeg files as well. So when you see me doing some corrections and uploading, it is done with the lightroom software.