PDA

View Full Version : Sun set - Kerala backwaters!

Praveen Siddannavar
16-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Shot this a year ago at Kerala backwaters...

Canon 40D, 17-85mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f 9, 1/250

Anuradha Nautiyal
17-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Praveen , I like the sun's reflection in water and the marshy/swampy feel of water. Maybe you can try just a little cropping from the top

Mrudul Godbole
17-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Lovely colours in the sky. The reflection enhances the composition further. Liked the composition. Keep posting.

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Nice image. I might have preferred keeping more canvas in the lower half than in the upper. That half looks more interesting to me. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Lovely colours. Unfortunately there is not much of drama in the sky. A few more clouds in the sky would have enhanced the image. Also a few birds flying would have been good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
17-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I have cropped it from the top as suggested

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2009, 07:17 PM
First principle in landscape photography: Never dissect the horizon in two halves, unless there is a mirror image formed by reflection. When the horizon dissects the image in two halves, the image becomes static.

The two images portray completely different meaning. In the second image, the focus is on wetland. The copy desk fellow can write something like "Sun sets on the famous wetlands of XYZ. Birds have deserted it this year due to lack of .....".

I am being verbose, but hopefully this drives home the point.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anuradha Nautiyal
19-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi Sabyasachi ,

At first I could not understand your comment but after going back and forth a few times between the two images, I do get the point now.

I really appreciate your comments as they are a learning experience for newbie's like me

Thanks
Anu