Sigma 170-500mm
Apereture: f/6.3
SS: 1/60
ISO: 800
Handheld

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Atul,
Lovely moment. I like the action and the rim lighting around the tiger and sambar. I am sure it would have been great waiting for this. Did you get the entire sequence? What is the bright portion at lower left? Some vegetation?

Look forward to more images from this sequence.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anuradha Nautiyal
17-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Atul,

This is a wonderful capture... Is this the same kill that we read about in TOI yesterday ?

Anu

Atul Dhamankar
17-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,
That portion is due to light straight came on to the lens. Sun was setting behind the tiger, so I got problem to capture this scene.
I will post more photographs of this scene later.
Anuradha,
Yes, these scenes photos are published in TOI.

Chitrita Chatterjee
17-11-2009, 10:27 AM
oooffffffff..... stunning capture....!! look forward to more in the series.... :-)

Usha Harikrishnan
17-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow.. This is absolutely brilliant.. Well written story in TOI as well. Thanks for sharing...:)

Mrudul Godbole
17-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Great action captured. The direct eye contact of the sambar is quite touching. Its great to witness such action.

Praveen Siddannavar
17-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Atul saheb no words to express, after reading the article in TOI yesterday I knew you were there somewhere clicking. This is amazing action and for all tourists who have witnessed this, it is a lifer...

As per the article the Sambar was injured with several attacks, in your image the tiger is holding the sambar on the neck area and not throat, I can also see that the sambar is still alive. There was a mention that two tigers attacked...

Seriously I want to travel there ASAP:)

Please share the entire series, even the ones with crocs if you managed to capture them (i'm sure you have), and kindly put your notes that will help us understand the situation even better.
Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I like the action here. Good shot. Wish the bright patch on the left were absent.

Amol Bais
17-11-2009, 04:56 PM
m the ist witness of the thrilling game........wil share soon the entire coverage...