PDA

View Full Version : Sky on Fire

Anuradha Nautiyal
17-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Sunset hues at Kabini. Seen while returning back from our evening safari.
Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Speed: 200

Mrudul Godbole
17-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Beautiful colours. The patterns in the sky enhance it further. Would have liked some more of the sky. You can try for a pano crop.

Anuradha Nautiyal
17-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Mrudul ,

What is pano crop ? and how is it done ?

There is another shot I had taken which has slightly more sky .. I am not able to upload it here in this same thread .. Do I need to post it to a new thread ????

Enjoy your evening
Anu

Anuradha Nautiyal
17-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi Mrudul ,

Some problem with my system .. tried it again and it worked..

Enjoy your evening
Anu

Mrudul Godbole
17-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi Anu,

In a Panoramic (pano) crop, the top or the bottom portion of the image is cropped, so that the aspect ratio of the remaining image is between 2:1 or 3:1. The image being at least twice as wide as its height. Images are stiched to get a wider view, so the resulting image is a wide strip.

I have just cropped the bottom portion to get more of the sky. Liked the first post better, since the electric wires are a bit distracting in the repost.

Cheers,

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I like the image. I agree that cropping off the bottom dark portion will enhance the image further. A pano crop gives a feel of the expanse and can often be very creatively used for some stunning landscape presentations.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Lovely image. I wish you could have avoided the powerlines at the right. I am reposting with a slightly different crop. Since I cropped from the bottom, your copyright notice also got cropped. So I posted a simple copyright notice. However, I felt without that copyright notice, the image looks much better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Usha Harikrishnan
18-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Awesome image.. I really liked it.. Wow...:)