PDA

View Full Version : feast.....

Praveen P Mohandas
17-11-2009, 06:02 PM
photographed at parmbikullam wildlife sanctuary,kerala...canon 1d marklll +canon 600 f4 IS lens...

Bibhav Behera
17-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Praveen,
Good to see you here... Lovely action captured.
Sad we guys missed this event narrowly :(

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Praveen,

Lovely. This is a great sighting. In my last trip, to Parambikulam I didn't even see a carnivore. :-(

I like the composition. It is actually difficult to get a good composition when there is more than one animal. With the dholes converging at a the centre from all sides, the composition is nice. Infact, the high view point works here.

I like the eye contact. It seems they were aware about your presence. How come this top view? In which area was this? It would have been difficult to get all of them in focus, if they were on the eye level.

What was the shutter speed, aperture and ISO. The Mark III is good in high ISOs.

I only wish the parts of the dhole in the top left corner were not visible. That would have made this image over the top. Overall, a great capture. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
17-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow Amazing action captured there, what is the kill? it does not look like a chital. I did see few of your images in INW they are simply superb. Even I am curious to know about the top view. Look forward to more from this series...

Keep posting, TFS

Praveen P Mohandas
17-11-2009, 09:01 PM
this image was shot near anapady check post...max 100m frm there...infact the dogs were looking at us...we witnessed the whole even..from chase to finishing the meal....and at the end the alfa male gave us some good portraits too....i could not move an inch coz it was bit dangerous...there was a small stream between us and the wild dogs..they are actually feeding on the opposite bank of the steam...we were hiding behind the bushes...this is a full frame shot ....was exposed at 1600 iso and to get more shutter speed i under exposed by another 1.3 stops....f5.6....

Sabyasachi Patra
17-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Praveen,
That's Great. Now I can visualise the scene better. It would have been amazing watching this from start to finish. Look forward to the other images.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
17-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Great action captured. Really lucky to witness the whole event. The stares from the dholes conveys a lot. Nice composition. Look forward to see more from the series.

Roopak Gangadharan
18-11-2009, 12:18 PM
This kind of action 100 mts for annapady check post... my god... unbelivable....and to think that i have spent the last 2 weekends treking all around parambikulam and didnt even get a whiff of a carnivore. But then that what draws us to the wilds...the wonder of a million improbable possibilities ..... congrats, excellent image :)

Anuradha Nautiyal
19-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello Praveen,

What a wonderful capture .. I can feel that I am watching it live...Amazing

I'll be eagerly waiting for your next shots

TFS
Anu

Atul Dhamankar
24-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Perfect image showing Dholes feeding habit.

Anup Ranadive
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
The image brings out the intensity in the scene. Nice indeed.