PDA

View Full Version : Something Different/Poovar Islands

Praveen Siddannavar
19-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Shot this in Poovar Islands, Kerala from a speed boat.

Canon 40D, 17-85mm L IS USM, ISO 125, f14, 1/500

Bibhav Behera
19-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Nice image. I like the centred composition here. The ring around the sun and the cloud patterns look good. The horizon is slightly tilted, you can correct that. Also facing the lens directly into the sun causes ghosting (the blurred dot that you see to the left of the sun). That can be avoided/ spotted off. Ghosting is caused when the light reaching the sensor is reflected back to the lens and again reflected back to the sensor.

Mrudul Godbole
19-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Nice composition. The reflection in the water is nice. It would have been great if there were no people in the background. Agree with Bibhav about the Ghosting (lens flare), using the lens hood mostly helps to avoid that effect. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Direct light falling on the lens will give you lens flare. As a kid I used to see lens flare in the movies and used to wonder how this was done. :D

Composing with the Sun at the centre makes the image static. I wish to see some quadruped animals instead of those biped creatures. :D:D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anuradha Nautiyal
21-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Praveen,

I liked the image composition. For me the people in the background and the halo around the sun are adding to the picture appeal.

I agree with Bibhav on the spotting on the left. Also I feel if the colour was either more goldenish (or orangish) it would have further enhanced the image.

Thanks
Anu