PDA

View Full Version : En Route: Nelliyampathy

Bibhav Behera
21-11-2009, 01:26 AM
This was shot at the base of the Nelliyampathy Ranges in Kerala. I liked the mountains and the cloud patterns. I wish I had found a more interesting foreground subject. There was a tilt in the shot due to which I lost some canvas during straightening...

The spots that you might notice are dragonflies... :)

Nikon D80 @18mm
SS 1/640 (0 EV)
F 8
ISO 200

Praveen Siddannavar
21-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Bibhav this is simply beautiful, lovely mountains and cloud formation. The lake adds to the whole image. I wish you could have avoided the small tree on the right and would have been nice if you could have got some birds in flight.
But this is very nice, do share if you have shot from other angles.

Mrudul Godbole
21-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Nice composition. The lake surrounded with mountains frame the image nicely. I think the light is a bit harsh. Including more of the sky would have been good.

Anuradha Nautiyal
21-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi Bibhav ,

what a lovely place ... you should have titled is as "Tranquil" or "Serene" because that is the feeling that this image reflects :-)

For me , The green creeper on the tree in front is the only distraction in this image (for it is too bright )... but I am not sure how you could have removed it

Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
25-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Beautiful place. Nice scene. Landscape photography is best done early in the morning or late in the evening when the light is soft. However, during our trips and treks we arrive at lovely scenes and can't resist clicking. In this case, the shadows are deep and the HDR (High Dynamic Range) conversion can't remove that.

You could have used a narrower aperture like f11 or f16 as you had enough shutter speed to play with.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
25-11-2009, 07:29 PM
You are right Sabyasachi. This was shot around noon and the light was very harsh. This however isn't an HDR :) . Agree that contrasty shadows and bright areas cannot be covered in HDR images.