PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Vulture

Angad Achappa
21-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Camera: Canon EOS 400D
Lens: Sigma 135-400mm DG APO (hand held & manually focused)
Full frame image, and no PP other than adding text and border.

Bibhav Behera
21-11-2009, 02:15 PM
That is a beautiful bird. I like the composition. The hint of white in the eye looks nice. The blurred background looks good. The head looks sharp. A slightly higher DOF might have been better...
Thanks for sharing. Keep posting. :)

Mrudul Godbole
21-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Nice eye contact. Liked the ruffled feathers and the clean background. Nice composition. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting..

Anuradha Nautiyal
21-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Lovely capture.. love the detailing on the head / eye and the clear background.

More sharpness and details in the neck and below area would have enhanced the image further

TFS
Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
21-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Angad,
This is a beautiful vulture. The always love their colour scheme. The feathers look silky and nice. The ruffled feathers are interesting. The background looks nice - clean and diffused and it helps in popping up the subject. Since you were photographing at f5.6 at 1/1000th of second, I agree that you could have increased the aperture to f8. I would have loved a slight head turn towards you, as that would have further enhanced the eye contact. Also, it is not easy to focuss manually while handholding. Most of our good shots don't need much of post processing. This is one of those images.

Ovearll, I like this image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
21-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow! Lovely image, its sharp, has great colors and clean bg. TFS

Atul Dhamankar
24-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Good closeup.