PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Fishy About it

Anuradha Nautiyal
24-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Hello All,

This was taken at the Doddamakkali fishing camp.The caught fish are again dropped back into the river.

This is my first post processed picture. I have used Lightroom and just arrived at the final look by trial and error.

Regarding the composition , I was in a double mind to include that guy in orange but finally decided to include him as I thought the orange would break the monotony of colours and complement the greens

f/11.0 E (1/400) ISO 1000.

I was trying out macro and had set the ISO to 1000 for the same and had forgotten to change it back :p . Also I used the same macro lens at 105 mm to shoot this image as well

Do let me know what you all think of it and how I can make it better.

Thanks
Anu

Bibhav Behera
24-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Lovely image. I like the contrast here. The reflection is highlighted nicely. If I had to find a nit, I would have included the boats in full.

Good to see you getting used to Lightroom :)

Praveen Siddannavar
24-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice image Anu, the relection has come out quite well.

Mrudul Godbole
24-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I liked the composition. I prefer not to include any humans in the photographs, kind of lessens the wilderness feeling. The reflections are nice. Seems you are getting the hang of Lightroom. Thanks for sharing..

Sabyasachi Patra
25-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I liked the composition. I too don't like humans (we have a awful lot of them around :D ) in my images. However, this image tells a story. The reflections have come out nicely. The f11 aperture has given good depth of field.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi