PDA

View Full Version : Dusk

Mrudul Godbole
27-11-2009, 06:06 PM
A bit difficult to compose a landscape with a 100-400mm. Tried my luck. Let me know your comments.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, 1/500, f5.6

Bibhav Behera
28-11-2009, 02:36 AM
I like the colours in this image. The flying bird is an added plus. The water patterns look nice too. I feel the foreground isn't interesting enough... Where was this shot?

A higher DOF would have been nicer.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-11-2009, 11:24 AM
There are a range of tones in this image. Some more colour in the sky would have been great. The flying bird is definitely a nice touch. It is good that the foreground is in shadows and there is no noticeable distraction in the foreground. There appears to be a dead branch and is barely noticeable. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sagar Patil
28-11-2009, 07:59 PM
While taking shot, water in the lake, ponds (except Sea, where it has no upper limits) are good to have support of land at the base, looks good in the photo.

Even in the mind, we like to have a strong base at the bottom. So this looks perfect compo.

Anyways, these are my views :)

Lines in the water, looking great. Agree about DOF for more deeper d-range.

Usha Harikrishnan
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow.. I liked the colours, which is being captured.. Its very beautiful.. The ripples in the water & the colours spread on the lake is amazingly beautiful.. Again, for me, this pic is a painters delight... ;-) Thanks for sharing !!!

Anuradha Nautiyal
01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
WOW Mrudul, This image has a very nice and peaceful feel to it. Lovely colours and very well composed.

I presonally would have preferred the mountains also to be in good focus. But even without that the image has an extremely nice feel

BTW where was this taken ?
Anu