PDA

View Full Version : Play of Shadows and Light

Bibhav Behera
28-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Shot in Kerala en route Nelliyampathy. It was noon when I shot this so I got a harshly lit foreground, but the background hill and the shadows on it made this image for me. Would love to know your takes on this.

Processed in Lightroom 2.5

Nikon D80 @ 18mm (+0.7 EV)
SS 1/200
F 10
ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
28-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Depth of field is adequate here. It is not always easy to frame with the canopy in the foreground. It would have been good to see this scene with a wider lens. I feel the single bamboo doesn't add much to the image here. I wish to see some more space at the top to see the clouds. Trekking in this place with a wide angle lens would be great.

I think going down the road and framing this scene with the tree (which is now at the lower bottom frame) canopy at the top left would have been good. However, I am not sure whether you could have risked your limbs in going down. :D I hope you have some more compositions of this place.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
28-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Lovely greenery. Liked the shadows on the mountain. Were you trekking? Is this a crop or a full frame?

Bibhav Behera
28-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Lovely greenery. Liked the shadows on the mountain. Were you trekking? Is this a crop or a full frame?

This was while we were driving through the ghats to go to Nelliyampathy. I cropped off a part of the foreground foliage at the bottom.

Usha Harikrishnan
01-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I liked this pic.. I am amazed with the colours of green, which one could see.. thanks to the shadows..;-) Thanks for sharing...