PDA

View Full Version : Join me for a ride

Anuradha Nautiyal
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Hello People,

Sorry for being inactive for a while as I was travelling.

Uploading this pic from my last week's visit to Doddamakkali. Processed in LR. Your comments are valuable. Let me know what you think of the image

Anu

Bibhav Behera
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice image. The boat in the foreground tells a story. The light is strong and has cast deep shadows. The horizon is tilted. Counter clockwise rotation would correct that.

Mrudul Godbole
02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Nice composition. Agree about the harsh light. I have increased the brightness a bit and tried to correct the tilt. You can try that in Lightroom with the original image. Let me know what you think. Keep posting.

Jitendra Katre
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
nice composition.agree about tilt and slight underexposure.

Anuradha Nautiyal
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Thank you all for your comments - its always wonderful to learn new things from you all

Sabyasachi Patra
02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
The light was harsh. The sky has got burnt. That is the white portions in the clouds have lost details and they have become textureless white. Similarly, the shadow of that coracle has lost details. Brightening the image reveals that there are not much details in the trees. Perhaps because, you uploaded a smaller file size.

I would increase the fill light a little bit. Same scene with a better colour in the sky would have been good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anuradha Nautiyal
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Hello Sabyasachi,

In such lighting conditions , can you suggest where we should keep the histogram (left center or right ) so that details do not get lost

Thanks
Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
While clicking the histogram should always be towards the right. You can push back a little while post processing, as per your taste.

Anuradha Nautiyal
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Now I know the mistake that I made .. I kept pushing the histogram to the left (underexposed) in all landscape shots that I took

Usha Harikrishnan
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
I liked the theme of this photograph !! ;-) The boat indicates a different story altogether.. Thanks for sharing !!