Ahiraj Bhat
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Camera : Canon 40D
Lens :Canon 70-300 IS
Aperture : F/8
Shutter Speed : 1/320 Sec

Bibhav Behera
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Nice colours. The lower part of the butterfly is sharp. More DOF would have been better.

Anuradha Nautiyal
02-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Hello Ahiraj,

Nice butterfly .. I feel cropping little (just a wee bit) space from bottom and adding more space to the right will look nice. I agree with Bibhav on Dof

TFS
Anu

Mrudul Godbole
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Lovely colours. Liked the details. I agree about cropping a bit from the bottom. Nice composition. Look forward to more..

Sabyasachi Patra
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Ahiraj,

Is this image a crop or full frame?

I agree with the previous comments.

Framing is an area one has to be very careful. At times, it can cause a big enough impact. In this case, you can find a patch of yellow at the top right corner. That competes for attention, so it is better to avoid that.

There are some out of focus areas at the bottom and near the lower left frame that doesn't add to the image. Incase, this is a full frame or near full frame, then those can be easily cropped without sacrificing quality.

You have used ISO 320. I would suggest you not to use intermediate ISOs. These ISOs are basically extrapolated by the software inside the camera. So it is better to use ISO 100, 200, 400, 800 etc and not the intermediate ones.

Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi