PDA

View Full Version : Dusk at Mangalajodi, Chilika

Aditya Panda
26-01-2009, 04:59 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_bv7C3YDS98A/SX2j2am8xBI/AAAAAAAAEDY/UVI5osrEqMs/s720/gallery_image_4272020.jpg

Brahminy Ducks, now called Ruddy Shelducks, take to the air in golden twilight at Mangalajodi, Chilika.

PENTAX K 10D
SMC PENTAX DA* 300mmF4 ED(IF) SDM
Exposure Bias Value: -1 EV
Exposure Program: Aperture priority
Exposure Time: 1/400 sec
F-Number: F4
Flash: Flash did not fire, auto
Focal Length: 300.0 mm
ISO Speed Ratings: 100
Metering Mode: Center weighted average

Sabyasachi Patra
26-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Aditya,
It seems there are some blown highlights in the wings of the two leading birds. Also the wings look to have some clipped blacks. You may need to relook at your post processing.

I was trying to photograph these in Bharatpur, They were far away. I like these brahminy/ ruddy shelducks. I find them to be maintain more distance than the bar headed geese.

Aditya Panda
27-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Aditya,
It seems there are some blown highlights in the wings of the two leading birds. Also the wings look to have some clipped blacks. You may need to relook at your post processing.

I was trying to photograph these in Bharatpur, They were far away. I like these brahminy/ ruddy shelducks. I find them to be maintain more distance than the bar headed geese.

Yeah, one of the leading birds has the white underside of its wings reflecting the sunlight, thanks for pointing that out, playing a little with levels should solve it I think. However, could you please elaborate on 'clipped blacks'?

Cheers,
Aditya

Sabyasachi Patra
27-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Aditya,
The bird lagging behind has blacks that lack details (in the wings). That is what I was referring as clipped blacks.

Rahul Parekh
16-08-2009, 07:11 PM
beautiful flight.... :)