PDA

View Full Version : Chinar

Sabyasachi Patra
07-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I liked the sun and shade. Created this image in Chinar Wildlife Sanctuary.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135, ISO 200, f8, 1/250, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Liked the alternate layers of sun and shade. The shadows of the clouds on the mountains also add to the composition. What was the focal length? Would have liked to see more of the surroundings. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
07-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice landscape, where is Chinar Wildlife Sanctuary?

Sabyasachi Patra
07-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Praveen,
Chinar is in Kerala. You can reach Chinar from Coimbatore. Unfortunately, Chinar is virtually denuded. People (the so called tribals) are cutting down trees to use as firewood for extracting lemon grass oil (citronela).

The landscape in any of part of the South Western Ghats is fantastic. Just that one needs to spend time and trek.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
08-12-2009, 01:23 PM
The shadow and light patterns on the mountains look good. I feel the foreground isnt interesting enough.

Ashvary Jain
08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
The shadow and light patterns on the mountains look good. I feel the foreground isnt interesting enough.

Very nice photo...

Loved the hills..
but do agree with Bibhav..
instead of too many trees, more sky could had been added..

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
08-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Chinnar is a fabulous place and very rich in wildlife - especially large mammals.

If season is just right, you can find ample elephants and Sambar. Tigers should be there.

The vegetation is predominantly scrub and thorn..

Chitrita Chatterjee
10-12-2009, 03:11 PM
nice image... I like the play of shadows here...

Usha Harikrishnan
17-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I liked the play of the shadows on the hills.. For being in south western ghats, I find this place a lil too dry !! At which time of the year did u go ?

Sabyasachi Patra
17-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Usha,
This is in Chinar Wildlife Sanctuary. The habitat is typically scrub forest there. This is near the Chinar river. Most of the trees in the area has been felled off to be used as firewood for extracting lemon grass oil (citronela). Now the tribals know that there won't be any trees left for them to cut. So they have now stocked firewood to fulfill their requirement for upto 5 years.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi