Camera: Canon 40D
Lens: 70-300 IS
Aperture : F/8
Shutter Speed: 1/50
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO: 100

Bibhav Behera
09-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Nice composition. The image looks sharp. Wish the twig on the left were absent. Using the diagonal has been a good choice here. Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to see more from you.

Mrudul Godbole
09-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Lovely composition. The diagonal placement attracts the eye. Nice colours. There is a bit of details lost in the blacks on the left wing. You can try reducing the contrast a bit. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I like the colours in this butterfly. I agree with the composition. Unfortunately, the sticks in the background takes away some of the impact. That tells us that we have to keep on trying and hoping that the butterfly perches on a nice place. :-) I agree with the previous comments. You may reprocess to open up the blacks a bit. Also the whites in the right wing has lost details (that is it has become detail less white). Thanks for sharing.

Look forward to more such beautiful species.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sagar Patil
12-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Is this really Monarch ?

I think this is Striped Tiger, not Monarch.
As Monarch is found in America, New Zealand and Austrlia. And they are leaders in migration.

Monarch strongly resemble with Striped Tiger. Only difference is they have dots at wing tips. Where this one has stripes.

Liked composition and colors. F8 really worked.