Sigma 170-500mm
Apereture: f/8
SS: 1/250
ISO: 200
Beanbag support

Anuradha Nautiyal
09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi Atul,

Nice image .. the vast expanse of grassland behind enhances the image. I wish the left eye was visible too. Since the buffalo is facing front I tend to keep searching for the other eye and hence get pulled into the black portion on the left eye area.

Thanks for sharing
Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
09-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Nice to see a wild Buffalo image. The grassland and the water in the background is its habitat.

It is suspected that these are not genetically pure as they do breeding with the water buffalo. Since these are bigger than the water buffalo, if a male wild buffalo mates with the female domestic buffalo then due to the big size of the foetus, the female domestic buffalo is unable to bear it and may die. However, if a male domestic buffalo mates with a wild female buffalo then it becomes easier.

It is reported that the last population of the wild buffalo in Udanti may not be genetically pure. I had seen the signs (hoof marks) of wild buffalo when they had come from Udanti Wildlife Sanctuary to Sunabeda Tiger Reserve.

I would try to pull out details in the shadow areas. They are known to often charge at jeeps.

Did you get any shots of these wallowing in the mud? Look forward to more.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice enviornment image. Its good that you got it in the clear. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more from Kaziranga.

Bibhav Behera
09-12-2009, 09:26 PM
The light is nice. The blacks have lost details in certain places. You might want to look into that in the processing.