PDA

View Full Version : Bird scape

Bibhav Behera
14-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Shot in the Nandan Kanan marshes. This is an ideal waterbirds habitat and one can find Moorhens, Jacanas, Egrets, Open Bills, Herons, Ducks very easily. Shooting them however needs a big glass...

Nikon D80 @40mm
SS 1/40
F 6.3
ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
14-12-2009, 06:31 PM
A bird scape to be successful, needs hundreds of birds to fill the frame. It can also work with a single bird or a small flock. However, their positioning has to be right. For eg. think of a dark blue sky just before the storm and an egret ( white bird ) flying. The contrast in colours can make the image.

In this image, the birds are very small in the frame. Also, they are nearly at the centre of the frame. It would have been good if the birds were seen entering the frame from the left.

Some more contrast would be good. Also, light was low. Else, I would have suggested a higher depth of field. Thanks for sharing. Keep on experimenting.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
14-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi,
I wanted to hear why this was wrong... That's why i posted this.. It didnt feel right :)

Praveen Siddannavar
14-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice landscape Bibhav:), Agree with Sabyasachi on details of a bird scape

Mrudul Godbole
14-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Nice landscape. What is it on the tree tops on the right? Cant make out.

Bibhav Behera
14-12-2009, 11:49 PM
@ Mrudul: I think it is smoke. I was initially afraid that they were dust spots, but checked and found it to be smoke.