PDA

View Full Version : Field Pipit

Mrudul Godbole
16-12-2009, 11:36 AM
This is one more close up I tried, it was perched quite close on the mound.
Comments and Critiques welcome.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, f5.6, ISO 200, 1/800, hand held

Bibhav Behera
16-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice composition. The light seems to have got harsh by this time. Looks a tad oversharpened to me.
I need to go to Blore and rush to Hessarghatta Soon... :(

Praveen Siddannavar
16-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Mrudul the composition is nice, the bg is crystal clean and the image too looks good. But the sparkle in the eye is missing. I have checked my images of Pipit's the sparkle in the eye is missing, however if you look at Sabyasachi's image of Pipit the eye has lit up nicely. This is my observations probably other members can share their opinion too.
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
16-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Praveen,

This was perched against the light. I was waiting for it to turn his head. Still, I was not able to get direct light on the eye, hence the sparkle is not visible.

You can check this thread, the sparle is visible, since the light was good.

http://indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329

This is my observation. Do check your images and let me know.

Anuradha Nautiyal
16-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi Mrudul,

Nicely composed image. I agree with you on the part that sparkle could not have been captured in those light conditions.

I feel that the image is a little over sharpened.

I also remember Sabyasachi's comment on one of the members photo that when shooting the bird from behind ((i.e tail is closer to camera) then a higher DOF is preferred. Maybe that is the reason the tail has not come out so clear..

TFS
Anu

PS: All my hasergatta pics have the bird so far behind and if I crop the quality comes down drastically :-(

Priya Vinay
16-12-2009, 04:44 PM
With the given light conditions, you have done well :) TFS