PDA

View Full Version : An Offbeat attempt

Bibhav Behera
17-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Was taking a walk in this jungle trail in Bhitarkaniaka early in the morning today, when i saw this scene. Composed this in a somewhat offbeat way.
Let me know what you think. Underexposed intentionally.
Processed in Lightroom 2.5

Nikon D80 @ 135mm
SS 1/20 (-2/3 EV)
F 6.3
ISO 400

BTW guys I complete one year on IndiaWilds now. 17th Dec... This post is for all you guys. Hope its a 'treat' for the eyes atleast ;)

Praveen Siddannavar
17-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Bibhav - Firstly congratulations for completing a successful & effective year @ Indiawilds.
This image is simply beautiful, you can make it as season's greeting for x'mas and new year. Lovely...tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
17-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Definitely a treat, I like this image. If you had some support, a higher Av might have been better I suppose, to get the egret into focus as well. Exposure looks great. Good attempt at an offbeat compo...
By the way congrats on your first "Indiawilds" anniversary :) Keep going!

Sabyasachi Patra
17-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice attempt. I would have prefered a lower angle here. The branch on the left is too close to the "light at the end of the tunnel". The egret creates an additional point of interest and is good. A higher depth of field would have been good. Foreground could have been darker as well.

When you joined on 17th December last year, I had never expected you to reach this stage. It shows that learning is much faster when one is serious. Keep it up.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
17-12-2009, 11:27 PM
This is with the foreground darker. I have a few other compositions. Will post soon...

There is some very disturbing news about this National Park which I will share with you all soon. I just returned from there at 9:30PM today. Will collect some more info and post details about it.

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
18-12-2009, 09:55 AM
an excellent one...so beautiful

Mrudul Godbole
18-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Nice composition. The repost looks better. Agree a lower angle would have enhanced the image further. Look forward to having on indiawilds for many more years to come :).

Usha Harikrishnan
22-12-2009, 02:20 PM
This is SO beautiful.. Picture perfect.. Thanks for sharing...