Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
18-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Sony DSC H10
SS-1/160
F8
ISO125

Sabyasachi Patra
18-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I like the composition. There is one bud in the background just behind the flower. The image would have been strengthened without that.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
18-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Nice details and colours. You can crop a bit from the bottom, to avoid the dark areas on the left. A vertical close-up would also look good.

It would be great if you post some information about the plants with the images, as it will help us to increase our knowledge about them. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
18-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Nicely composed. I would have liked it better, had you allowed the bud coinciding with the leaf to be placed a little lower so that it could be placed between the petals.
Overall, this is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
19-12-2009, 12:29 PM
thank u all...the plant is called Alambusha in sanskrit and considered as one of the varieties of the touch me not plant by our ancient scholars..as that of the mimosa pudica this plant also is sensitive but folds ulta on touch unlike that of Mimosa pudica..hence they have used a term Vipareeta namaskaari in sanskrit...whereas mimosa is called Namaskari or Lajjalu..the uses are same as that of Mimosa..mainly used in treating fractures...and extensively used in witch craft and black magic similar to Mimosa pudica...