PDA

View Full Version : Peafowl

Shailendra Patil
18-12-2009, 12:21 PM
The Indian Peafowl is a resident breeder in the Indian subcontinent. The peacock is designated as the national bird of India.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Shailendra,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!
Please post the details of camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed, ISO and the location, so that we can comment better.

Scientific name: Pavo cristatus

Initially the Great Indian Bustard was proposed as the national bird. However, Jawaharlal Nehru felt that the poor command over english language by the majority of the populace will result in the word Bustard being mispronounced and misspelt as the highly offensive word. Hence that proposal was buried and Peacock became the National Bird.

In this image the saturation is high and the greens are much greener to my taste. The pose is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
18-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Nice composition. The image nicely depicts the environment. The eye contact is good. Agree about reducing the saturation. Look forward to more.

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi,
Welcome to Indiawilds.
Nice pose and compo. Agree that the saturation is a bit too high.

Bibhav Behera
18-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Nice bird. I would take a bit off the right. Agree about the saturation.

Praveen Siddannavar
18-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Shailendra - Welcome to Indiawilds!
Nice pose and composition.
I am agreement with comments made the our members

Sagar Patil
19-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Lovely poster image, Shailendra. Welcome to IW.

Sabyasachi : Thanks for Information. But I wish Great Indian Bustard had to be the national bird. Looking to there present count. Very few are survining in India that too at very few places (One is, Solapur in Maharashtra). Also they are very little promoted through photos and news.

Ramesh Anantharaman
22-12-2009, 08:51 AM
a very beautifully composed shot. i think a little levels adustment would be magic.

Priya Vinay
13-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Nice pose and composition.