PDA

View Full Version : White Eye Buzzard

Shailendra Patil
18-12-2009, 12:52 PM
This slim and small sized hawk is easily identified by its white iris to the eye and the white throat and dark mesial stripe.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-12-2009, 02:15 PM
You can post a larger image with the longest side at 800 pixels and the total size of the image below 200kb.

A head turn towards you would have enhanced the eye contact. In my opinion the copyright notice is too intrusive and distracts.

Scientific Name: Butastur teesa

I checked the Salim Ali book for some additional details:
Habits: Affects dry open country and thin deciduous forest; avoids humid and densely-wooded tracts. Rather sluggish. Perches on dry trees, telegraph posts, etc., and swoops down on its prey.
Food: Locusts, grasshoppers, crickets and other large insects as well as mice, lizards and frogs.

Both sexes alike.
Nesting: principally february to May. Nest: A loose, unlined cup of twigs like a crow's up in the fork of a thickly foliaged tree such as mango, preferably one in a grove. Eggs - 3, greenish white broad ovals of a faily smooth texture. Both sexes share nest building and feeding young; female alone incubates.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
18-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Sharp image. Nice perch. A bigger image would be good to comment. The details are nice. Thanks for the information. Where did you photograph this?

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Nice sharp image. Some more head turn would have been good. Good lighting.
Agree with Sabyasachi abt the copyright notice.

Shailendra Patil
18-12-2009, 04:26 PM
i took this image at Tadoba National Park, Chandrapur

Shailendra Patil
18-12-2009, 04:28 PM
thanks sir, for your quick reply & details of this bird.

Bibhav Behera
18-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Nice sharp image. I would have liked it better had you placed the bird off centred towards the left.

Priya Vinay
13-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Nice light and image.