PDA

View Full Version : Give me a Hug!

Praveen Siddannavar
19-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Shot these Indian Gaur at Tadoba last month...

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Date/Time 11/29/2009 4:15:48 PM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/30
Av( Aperture Value ) 11.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Focal Length 400.0 mm

Mrudul Godbole
19-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Nice interaction captured. Liked the pose and the eye contact. You have used f11 and the shutter speed was 1/30. A higher shutter speed would have been good by using f8. The image was slightly over exposed at the horns and the nose, so I have recovered the details and tried to remove the reddish cast. There is some noise, since I have reprocessed the jpeg file. You can try processing the RAW again. Let me know what you think.

Sagar Patil
20-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Nice action Praveen. Rare things.

Good work Mrudul.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I like the interaction. Perhaps the white balance has been increased during post processing to shade or cloudy. During my initial digital days, I used to always increased the white balance during post processing and when I look back at those images I just can't believe that I had done that kind of processing. I guess as we keep on picking up skills, these things become easier.

I would brighten up the repost. However, there lies the challenge. As any brightening will burn the whites in nose and the whites at the base of the horns. A closer view without the top portion would have also worked.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
20-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I like the repost. The interaction is nice. Would have liked a bit more inclusion of the body just upto the starting of the legs.

Praveen Siddannavar
20-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Mrudul thanks for correcting the WB and giving a new look to the Hug:)

Sabyasachi you are right I used WB as shade and the color turned out to be a bit muddish, had I used daylight then it would be ok.

Thanks for bring up these points.