PDA

View Full Version : Black-headed Gull

Shailendra Patil
21-12-2009, 08:21 PM
The Black-headed Gull is a bold and opportunist feeder and will eat insects, fish, seeds, worms, they like bread & besan gathe.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Please post the exif details like shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc.

I like the eye contact. Some more space infront would have been good. An image just a second before this would have been good, as in this case it is just moving away from you. Very good effort with a compact camera.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
21-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice image. Liked the eye contact. I would have liked more space all around. Its good to see that you have shifted the copyright mark, this way we can enjoy the image more. Do post the Exif details.

Ramesh Anantharaman
21-12-2009, 10:27 PM
first of all,

i like: (a) the way the whites have been exposed in this photograph. beautiful pp job.
(b) the action and moment captured. awesome.

it would have been magic if:

(a) you could have had more space around the bird.
(b) you could give us an approx location of the shot and equip and exif.

i hope the feed back works

warm regards

ramesh

Bibhav Behera
21-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I like the sharpness of the eye. Would have been nice if you got it moving towards you. More space around as pointed out would have been nice.

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Nice shot. The details on the head are lovely. Would have preferred more space all around.
Also, it would be better if you could post the image without any framing, as the framing can sometimes be a bit distracting.
Could you post the EXIFs and the location?

Shailendra Patil
22-12-2009, 08:58 PM
i am using now S2IS canon, plan to purchase Nikon D90 please suggest,
this bird is Brown Headed Gull. when uploading time i am not confirme it, i didnt notice his eye ring.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Shailendra,
Both Canon and Nikon are the market leaders. You can't go wrong with either of these two brands (though the fans of these brands love to argue a lot). The only issue with Nikon is that their lens prices are prohibitively high. For example a 500mm Nikon lens would cost about 2000 USD higher than a 500mm Canon lens ie. a cool 1 lakh more when converted to rupees.

The most important part of your equipment is your lens. First decide your budget. And then decide which tele lens you want to buy and then the camera. Most of the cameras have a shutter life of about 1lakh and upwards. A person would have to really shoot everyday to reach the end of shutter life in a few years. Look at some of the discussions in the equipment discussions section. You can ask your questions about equipment there and people can answer. That will also help other people later in making their decisions.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi