PDA

View Full Version : Crossing

Sabyasachi Patra
27-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Bos Gaurus.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, ISO 400, f3.2, 1/1600, full frame image.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
28-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Lovely action. I believe you must have got only a moment to hoist your lens and shoot this. Given the action, I don't mind the slightly cut off leg. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
28-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Nice action. Sharp. Agree with Bibhav. The front legs in mid air denote that it might have dashed across the road. You captured it beautifully in that spilt second. Nicely done.

Praveen Siddannavar
28-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice image Sabyasachi, its sharp and I am sure it is not easy to capture them in action. I think you have done really well here.
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Must have been difficult getting it in the frame... Nice action captured

Rahul Parekh
28-12-2009, 03:37 PM
very sharp image in action...love it, but wish one leg also be in the frame... :)

All best wishes,

Cheers, Rahul

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
29-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Given the circumstances the image has come out astonishingly well.

The gaur was on the move and unlike well protected areas, gaur here are very shy and wary and photographing them is a challenge. Not only gaur, photographing any animal in a less protected area is very difficult and needs perseverence.

This image was shot on 27.12.09 and the GPS reading stands: N=11.557/E=076.986

Sabyasachi Patra
29-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks a lot for your comments.

I had posted in a hurry and hadn't mentioned that this image is from my recent visit to Satyamangalam forests. Laxminarayanan and his brother Hari were meticulously noting the GPS readings. Mr. R Arumugam who has done extensive research in that area was holding my camera and lens in his lap while I was negotiating the potholed roads. Ofcourse, calling it a road is actually an overstatement.

I clicked 4 shots in one burst. The first two were bad as the camera was trying to track the gaur when it suddenly emerged from behind the bush and ran to cross the road. The third is this one. By the fourth shot the gaur had already entered the bush. There was no time to move the vehicle back to get more space in the image. It would have been great if I could have somehow leaned back a bit. :(

Cheers,
Sabyasachi