PDA

View Full Version : Morning ablutions

Sabyasachi Patra
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I had never seen a Pelican taking bath like this before.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 800, full frame.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Lovely image, nice action captured. How about a crop from the right to give it a central compo...? There is a bit of tilt, I suppose you could correct it without losing too much of the image.

Bibhav Behera
04-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Im ok with the composition. Agree about correcting the tilt.

Mrudul Godbole
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Beautiful action. The water splashed around enhances the image further. A centre composition also works, but cropping from right would cut the water splashed. The feathers are nicely turned forming a nice symmetry. Thanks for sharing.

Chitrita Chatterjee
05-01-2010, 02:23 PM
very pretty.... love the splash.... :-)

Praveen Siddannavar
05-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Lovely image Sabyasachi, great action captured. What is the shutter speed here. For such actions do I guess we use low shutter speed, correct me if am wrong. Was tis shot in Ranganthittu?
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Praveen,
Somehow I had forgot to mention the shutter speed. If you see the water splash, the droplets are distinct i.e the droplets have freezed. That is an indication of higher shutter speed. The shutter speed was 1/3200.

In the Sambar and dhole thread the shutter speed was 1/60 and you can see that the water droplets appear as long streaks.
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2724

There is a slight tilt, I will correct it. While clicking, I had felt that an offcentre composition would be better, so clicked this way. There are other compositions, where the pelican is at the centre.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi