PDA

View Full Version : Another Common Iora pic

Sadananda Koppalkar
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Common Iora feasting on Grass hopper (May be ??)
SS: 1/400S
AP: f6.3
Focal length : 500mm
ISO: 800

Mrudul Godbole
05-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Nice sighting from your window :). The perch and eye contact is nice. Yhe catch is a nice bonus. I think it has got a worm in its beak and a grasshopper in its claws (?). Some more space in the left would have enhanced the image further. I have cropped the OOF branch at the bottom. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice catch, details look good. A bit more space ahead of thew bird would have been better.
The repost has reduced the distractions in the image.
It has caught a Praying Mantis. Not sure what it has in its beak, though it does look like a worm. (Two snacks at the same time?!:confused:) Strangely the mantis' head seems to be missing.:confused:

Ahiraj Bhat
05-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Very nice shot....

i agree with fellow members comment.. a bit more space on the left would have been better

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Great window view. Nice catch. Agree with the comments. The eye contact is nice. A narrow aperture would have been good. However, you were already at ISO 800. Were you handholding or resting the lens on the window? A slightly higher angle would have helped in avoiding the out of focus branch at the bottom. Ofcourse, am not sure, if it was possible to raise your camera and lens. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sadananda Koppalkar
05-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks a lot for your inputs. There was another branch just little ahead of that so I had to crop it out to avoid distraction. Thanks Mrudul you have modified it perfectly with in the frame.
Hi Sabyasachi,
I was hand holding. Because this bird keeps moving so fastly and it was near to me unexpectedly so I was just standing still and avoided movements so that it shouldn't fly off.

Thanks

Bibhav Behera
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
I agree with the repost. Good to see a mantis in the frame too... :)