PDA

View Full Version : Lucky

Sabyasachi Patra
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Can you guys tell me what is lucky about this image. You have seen the previous images of this Indian Moorhen series, so capturing a sharp image is not about luck. :D

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 800, f8, full frame.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Nice shrp shot. I liked the other side-on shots better though :).

Can you guys tell me what is lucky about this image.
I guess the intruder is lucky he's getting away? (After what you mentioned about him running diagonally instaed of in the opposite direction) :D :p

Sabyasachi Patra
06-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Abhishek I am talking from a photography point of view. These are moving out of the frame. The previous ones were moving into the frame, so they were better. But coincidentally something has happened here. Just check the one who is fleeing away.

Bibhav Behera
06-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Have been pondering for quite some time but still cant figure it out. damn
Is it to do with the wing position which eases the air resistance :D
I know the analysis is a bit out there but what the heck... im shooting at anything here.. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Guys,
Look at the eye of the bird on the right. There appears to be a catch light in the eye. However, that is due to a water droplet just infront of the eye. So without, a flash there is a catchlight. I said lucky because, that is not due to any effort of the photographer. Just that it looks better with that droplet infront of the eye.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Great observation Sabyasachi, what was Bibhav trying to analyse of air resistance:), I can't stop laughing:):)
tfs

Bibhav Behera
07-01-2010, 03:23 PM
LOL... heck this teaches us about an important lesson. We always start looking at things the complex way when the solution is just so simple :)