PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rock Thrush!

Praveen Siddannavar
07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
This is the 1st winter male, I shot this at my farm on 29th Dec'09. The iso was set to 500 and forgot to change hence noise.
I am happy to see some exotic birds visiting my farm this time around:)

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO 500
Handheld

Bibhav Behera
07-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Nice to know that these birds are visiting your farm. :)
In this case there is too much space on the left thereby decreasing the effect of the offcentred composition. A bit more space at the bottom would have been nice too. :)
Thanks for sharing. A beautiful Bird you got there. :)

Praveen Siddannavar
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Bibhav i did try that compo but by cropping half the stone it did'nt look that great hence included, anyways thanks for the suggestions

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
07-01-2010, 07:10 PM
I have known people coming from faroff lands like UK, Germany to photograph trushes in particular for trushes are amazingly striking, interesting and their calls are distinct.

Please consider yourself so fortunate to have trushes as guests to your gardens.

Further, if your garden is adorned by all the year fruit bearing ficus species it is sure that all frugivorous birds including hornbills will flock to your garden.

I was so upset to note that several ficus trees grown on either side of Gundlupet - Bandipur road were chopped off in the name of raod widening. This act is sure to have had its impact on the birds...

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Wish you had corrected the ISO ... Agree with Bibhav about the compo. I suppose you could declare your farm a mini-bird sanctuary. :D

Sabyasachi Patra
07-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I like the unorthodox composition here. I wish you had used f8 here. Don't mind ISO 500, but care has to be taken that the blacks and shadow areas are correctly exposed. I repeat, if not sure, then better to look at your histogram and push the graph as much to the right as possible without burning the image.

I agree with Laxminarayanan. You have a fantastic place. Just plant some native trees. You will see that lot of such beautiful birds come to your place. If you can create a small water hole - a few feet wide atleast - there will be much more birds coming.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Beautiful bird. Different composition. The background is nicely diffused. First leopard calls, now birds, it seems we have to make some reservations to stay on your farm. Let me know when the bookings start :).

Praveen Siddannavar
08-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Guys thanks for the comments and suggestions. I agree with Lakshminarayan that lot of trees have been cut in the name road widening on Gundlepet -Bandipur road, however i have noticed that the new road is actually being laid, yes it has impact of the the birds quite to a lot.

Sabyasachi - As mentioned a large water body is available opposite to my farm, however I do have plans to make one within my farm, I have already identified the area.

Mrudul - you are most welcome to farm on week days, as most of the weekends I would have occupied it:)

Priya Vinay
13-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice to know that your farm has got such wonderful residents or visitors :)