PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sunbird - Female

Sadananda Koppalkar
12-01-2010, 10:45 PM
SS:1/250S
Av:f/8
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 500mm
These birds are so skittish that before my lens locks on focus it wouldn't be there... very difficult to capture. Many times they come so near to me to the extent my lens cannot capture. I just stand still and enjoy them closer to me.

Today I sighted a pair of Green Bee Eaters but there were very far and lots of distractive bushes. Hope to take their pics soon (if I am lucky :) ).

Bibhav Behera
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Sadananda,
Good to know that you get so many birds in your garden. In this image i would have preferred to keep more space at the right. A bit more DOF would also have been nice. These are very skittish and you can use a hide to try and photograph them. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
13-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Nice perch. Liked the head turn. Seems the details in the background are lost. You can try to recover the highlights. Agree about some more space on the right would have been better than left.

Lucky to get so many birds near your window. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-01-2010, 11:02 PM
It is great that you can see so many birds from your bedroom. Try using a green curtain to hide yourself. You can then slowly part the curtain a bit and click. Also, You can focus on the branch and place a chalk mark in the focussing ring. Next time you can align the focus to the chalk mark and then try to focus. Though the bird may not be in the exact distance as you had marked earlier, the focussing will be faster.

I agree that some more space at the left would be good.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi