PDA

View Full Version : KF Strong :-)

Bhargav Narayan
14-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi All,

This is one of my best shots and hence starting with it. This image was shot in a small pond at Jaladhama Resorts (Talkad, Karnataka).. The resort is generally used for corporate events and i had taken my team for a team building event. Fortunately i took my camera along. The Resort is a peninsula and will have to travel through a boat to reach the resort. I was able to sight Blue tailed Bee-eater, Indian Pond Heron, egrets and kingfishers. Its nice place to visit for people like me who has just started the journey into photography.

Camera Model : Canon EOS 40D
Color Representation: sRGB
Shutter Speed: 1 / 41 sec
Lens Aperture: F / 11.3
Focal Length: 300 mm
F-Number: F / 11
Exposure Time: 1 / 40 sec
ISO Speed: ISO 250
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Date Picture Taken: 26th Dec 2009
Lens Used: Sigma 70 - 300mm

Mrudul Godbole
14-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi,

Welcome to IndiaWilds!!

Nice strong first post :). Liked the composition. The symmetry of both the birds facing each other is nice. It would have been good if you could have a used a wider aperture like f8. That would have helped to make the background more out of focus and increase the ISO too. Look forward to more..

Sabyasachi Patra
14-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I like the composition. I wish you had got a higher shutter speed. A higher shutter speed often helps in improving the sharpness. In this case, a higher ISO would have helped in increasing the shutter speed. A wider aperture like f8 or f5.6 would have also given you a higher shutter speed.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
14-01-2010, 10:56 PM
A nice post. I like the colour theme. A bit more sharpness would ahve been nice. Did you upload an image greater than 200kb? In that case, the site resizes the image on its own and quality reduces. overall this is a nice image. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
15-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Welcome to Indiawilds Bhargav!, I wanted to inform Mrudul to send you an invite, its good you have joined in here. I am sure you will have great learning and we all would love to see all your images including the macro's.

The image posted is nice, agree with comments made by other members. I heard about this resort many a times but have not visited becoz the roads are in bad shape...
tfs

Bhargav Narayan
15-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for viewing and commenting :)

Mrudul / Sabyaschi / Bibhav : Yes i did goof up :( with the F number. but am learning. i already have some shots with the same F number.. so kindly bear with me..

Yes - i have started going through the tips and hope to provide better images going forward.

However would request all to comment and guide me

Praveen: Thank You for appreciating my work - its an honour. would request you to support me like the way you have always did :)
Jaladhama is a very good place and now the roads are fine. we took a max of 2 hours from Bangalore (including a break fast stop at maddur tiffany's). You may visit the place now..