PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tiger

Bhargav Narayan
15-01-2010, 01:34 PM
My attempt to catch butterfly on macro mode..

Camera Model : Canon EOS 40D
Color Representation: sRGB
Shutter Speed: 1 / 512 sec
Lens Aperture: F / 8
Focal Length: 263 mm
F-Number: F / 8
Exposure Time: 1 / 500 sec
ISO Speed: ISO 160
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure Program: Normal
Date Picture Taken: 18th Dec 2009
Lens Used: Sigma 70 - 300mm

Bibhav Behera
15-01-2010, 07:55 PM
A beautiful specimen there Bhargav. The sharpness is a bit low near the wing tips possibly due to lack of DOF. Try toning down the highlights on the wings a bit to get back details in the whites. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
17-01-2010, 10:28 PM
The composition is nice. Some more space at the bottom would be good. Agree about reducing the highlights in post processing. Which software do you use for post processing? It is better not to use intermediate ISO's. You can use 100, 200, 400..in that series.
You could have tried moving a bit towards your right to get it parallel to you, so the DOF would have been more.

Keep posting.

Bhargav Narayan
18-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Mrudhul / Bibhav,

All the images that i have uploaded has gone through only a slight contrast / brightness change through canon software. Apart from that i have made no adjsutments.. i am on the learning process and would start using Photoshop once i am comfortable with it.. i know its a disaster guiding me:confused:.. but i am picking things up fast and will show you results..

Thanks for the comments and Guidance

Mrudul Godbole
18-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi Bhargav,

I would recommend you use Adobe Lightroom 2.5. It is a professional software for photographers developed by Adobe. You can refer to this thread for some processing guidelines for using that software.

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2287

If you need any help, feel free to post it on the forum.

Bhargav Narayan
18-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi Mrudul,

Thank you for the information - i will get working on it at the earliest.. I am really happy for the kind of support i am getting here at Indiawilds. Hatsoff to you all.:thumbup:

Regards,
BG