PDA

View Full Version : hi everybody...

Jitendra Katre
15-01-2010, 04:39 PM
i am dr.jitendra katre,

sorry, i should have introduced myself long before...

i am ENT surgeon by profession and work at a small town near satara.

watercolour painting had been my hobby for long time.eventhough i have used Pentax k1ooo with kit lens in ninties,photography as a hobby developed just a year back (initially as a help for landscape painting).

now i find photography equally fascinating.i am still in a learning phase and currently struggling with photoshop :).

i hope sometime in future i can produce some likable images...

i find this forum,and expert evaluation of images very useful,it helps me to improve my 'vision'...

thanks..
dr.jitendra katre

Bibhav Behera
15-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi Dr. Katre,
Its never too late for an introduction... :)
Good to know that you too are a fellow photography fanatic. :)
your images have been good contributions to the forum.
keep posting ...
Hope to bump into you some time :)

Sabyasachi Patra
17-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Hello Jitendra,
It is nice to know other facets of your personality.

There are some great photographers who had started with painting. One of the icons of photography, Henri Cartier-Bresson had started with painting, then became an icon in photography and at the last stage of his carrier he again painted. There is a south africa based photographer Nigel Dennis, he too started photography to help in his sketches. You are learning well. I am sure you will keep on improving and allowing us to enjoy.

You can upload a self photo, so that we can know the man behind these images. Also, it will help Bibhav to "bump" into the right person. Else, I suspect he may get his ear/nose/throat damaged by some other person. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi