PDA

View Full Version : Cool Catch..

Bhargav Narayan
18-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi All,

This Brahminy Kite was hovering over the lake for almost 20 min before it could finalize on the best fish it could spot.. fortunately i had my camera and rused to the lake.. This was the first time ever that i got a good shot within 5 min of me reaching the venue :001_tongue:. The best was after i shot this - the kite took the catch to the top of a tree where another kite (should be a female - could not get a clear view as it was too high)and both shared the fish. The bonding and the understanding is what amused me more than the shot which i took. Saying that i would also however request you all to look at the snap and comment about it:001_smile:

Camera Model : Canon EOS 40D
Color Representation: sRGB
Shutter Speed: 1 / 790 sec
Lens Aperture: F / 11.3
Focal Length: 149 mm
F-Number: F / 11
Exposure Time: 1 / 800 sec
ISO Speed: ISO 400
Metering Mode: Pattern
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Date Picture Taken: 9th Jan 2010
Lens Used: Sigma 70 - 300mm

Priya Vinay
18-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice catch!

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi Bhargav,
A really beautiful raptor. Nice capture. Great that you could get it with a fish in the talons. I like the compo. Thanks for the interesting behavioural info.

I did a little tweaking to your image. Played around with the shadows/highlights and boosted the sharpness. Let me know what you think about it.

TFS. Look forward to more.

Bhargav Narayan
18-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Abhishek,

Yeah - this looks much better, especially the brid has come out well.. All i can say is that i have never touched the image beyond the contrast / brightness correction. I am yet to use Photoshop on my images and thats the whole poin why i am here at IndiaWilds.. i need to learn a lot - just clicking good pics makes no sense.. need to present it well - as well...

Regards,
Bhargav Narayan

Bibhav Behera
18-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I like Abhishek's repost. The composition is nice. The fish in the talons adds to the image. Thanks for sharing. Learning Photoshop will definitely help you present your images better, but what matters most is what is captured in the camera sensor. You are doing pretty well with that. :)
Post Processing can be learnt anytime :)

Mohan Raj
19-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Good catch - both of you.

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Nice action captured. The details in the wings are enhanced further in the repost. The behaviour you observed is intersting. The fish is a big bonus. Thanks for sharing.

The little you have to correct in post processing the better. It is always good to get things right in the field. You can start using Lightroom, that will help you to understand and also learn Post Processing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Nice catch and head position. I agree with the previous comments. The first step is to get the exposure right. If the image is underexposed, then increasing the exposure in post processing and opening up the shadows a lot will result in more of noise. Better to get it right in the field. Our best images need about a minute or two of processing in lightroom.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
19-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Lovely action captured Bhargav, However I liked repost by Abhishek
Which is this lake?