PDA

View Full Version : Indian Palm Squirrels - Mating

Siddhartha Gogoi
19-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Took this photo in Lalbagh one Sunday morning. That was the first time I have ever seen Squirrels mating, they spent a lot of time copulating and used to climb up and down the tree with the male on its back all the time.

Aperture f/4.8
Focal Length 170 mm
ISO 200

Regards,
Siddhartha

Bibhav Behera
19-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Good Documentation. I would like to see more space up top than at the bottom. You can increase the sharpness a bit.

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Rare moment captured. Even though we see them everywhere, seeing them mating is very rare. I am fine with the composition, with more space at the bottom to include the tail in full. The tree barks provide a nice background.
What was the shutter speed?

Mohan Raj
20-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I like the colors in this. Very good image.

Siddhartha Gogoi
22-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. Bibhav the image looks quite sharp in my monitor hence I did not sharpen it though I did just a little before posting the image. Mrudul the tail is included in the frame and theres enough space left too at the bottom also, I should've left a bit more space on the top.
* Auto ISOMin Shutter Speed: 1/30 s
* Flash Shutter Speed: 1/64

Regards,
Siddhartha

Sabyasachi Patra
22-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Good to see a mating image. I wish the eyes were lighted. A narrow aperture would have been good. Which camera and lens?

You should check the point of focus. It seems to be near the top of the tree bark. Do you have any more compositions. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Siddhartha Gogoi
29-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Sorry for the late response, Sabyasachi I have used Nikon D80 with Sigma 70-300mm APO DG lens and yes I do have other compositions also. I found the picture quite sharp and the focus was on the entire body and came out well in the Benq monitor but I'm not getting to see a sharp photograph in my official HP7540 monitor, wonder why??
I will post one more photograph of a slightly different composition.

Regards,
Siddhartha