PDA

View Full Version : Pied Bushchat Female

Mrudul Godbole
21-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Pied Bushchat Female (Saxicola caprata). Taken at Haserghatta a couple of days back.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 200, f8, 1/400, hand held.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Swapnil Dighe
21-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Super shot.

I really liked the eye contact.

Priya Vinay
21-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Nice pose and sharpness! and good light too... TFS :)

Bibhav Behera
21-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Nicely done. I would increase the sharpness a bit more.

Praveen Siddannavar
21-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Nice compo and Lovely image Mrudul, looks like you are planning to settle down at Hasserghatta soon :laugh:

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Lovely shot. Nice and sharp, and the eye looks great.
I agree with Praveen. I'm beginning to wonder whether Hessarghatta is your backyard. :D

Sabyasachi Patra
22-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I like the eye contact and the pose.

Hessarghatta is being destroyed due to the mindless digging going on. The mud hillocks are vanishing. I am not sure, how long this will remain as a birders delight. Lot of polythene bags are lying around. No idea whether it is due to the people grazing their cattle or due to the photographers bringing along "munches". So better to go there as many times as possible before the place is lost. And if possible, take action to save it.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
22-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks all for comments.

Agree with Sabyasachi, the place is getting deteriorated fast. The variety of birds sighted last year are no more sighted these days. Even if I am visiting so frequently, the sightings are very less.
I am trying to make the most of it, before the birds are gone :(.

Ahiraj Bhat
22-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Very nice composition. i like this image. i agree with Bibhav.. image can be sharpened a bit more

I Agree with all the above coments on Haseragatta too. its a vey good place for birding. I would request every one to pick few non biodegradable items from Haseragatta when we return after Birding.Usually myself and my Friend, Kathik ,Pick any chocalate wrappers etc., that we find while driving in this place.

its always nice , that we pick up few non biodegradable items while we are on the trek or birding etc.,