PDA

View Full Version : Under The Watchfull Eyes Of Leopard's !

Vishwanath M K
21-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Nikon D200 With Sigma 170 - 500 APO DG Lens. It was an unexpected Picture I Made in the Evening while Returning from a Temple in H.D.Kotte Taluk, Mysore. This Is a Full Frame Picture. There Were Four of Them, A Mother With Two Cubs and a Huge Male Which Looks Like Her Father. This Forest Patch has a Connectivity to Bandipur N.P Through Nugu Wild Life, Chikkadevemana Betta, and Mullur Betta.The Habitat composed of Hilly Terran, Fragmented Forest and Cultivation

Priya Vinay
21-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Awesome sir! Never met anyone with as much cat luck as yours! Good catch! TFS

Mrudul Godbole
21-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Nice image showing the habitat. Its great to see 4 leopards at once :). I think the focus is slightly off the leopard. What was the aperture used? The resting pose is great, it chose a nice rock. Thanks for the information. Any other images in this series?

Bibhav Behera
21-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow. That was a lucky sighting. I can see 3 in the image. A higher DOF would have been nice here. The feel of the habitat is nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
21-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Wow! looks like a perfect place for Leopards. Great Shot!
tfs...

Sabyasachi Patra
22-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Lovely scene. I think this image will look better when printed big as the details will be better visible in a larger size.

It is not often that one finds an entire family of leopards. Unfortunately, the light seems to be low. It would have been great if you could use an aperture narrower than f6.3. An offcentre composition would have been great.

Please upload the date the shot was taken. So that it can serve as a record. I am happy to hear that leopards are still there in these forest patches. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vishwanath M K
22-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Hello Sabyasachi Patra Sir
The Picture was taken on December 6th 2009 Sunday

Praveen P Mohandas
19-02-2010, 05:38 PM
one of the best wildlife image seen recently.....very refreshing from the usual long tele images....