PDA

View Full Version : a gifted bird

Jitendra Katre
22-01-2010, 05:04 PM
canon 450d,tamron 200-500,f-6.3,1/200,iso-1600.
i find it is a very difficult bird to photograph,it always stays in the dark preferably behind the leaves...

Mrudul Godbole
22-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Nice composition. Its quite difficult to compose to include the big tail. Its good that it was perched in the open. There is some noise, is it a crop? A slight head turn would have enhanced the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Ahiraj Bhat
22-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Nice Photograph. This is a Paradise Fly catcher. TFS

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice shot. The details on the body are good. However I think there is some detail loss on the crest. Wonder why... TFS.

Bibhav Behera
23-01-2010, 09:36 AM
An excellent bird. Very photogenic.I like that the tail is not clipped and well in the frame. The head angle looks nice. I like this image. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
23-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Good attempt with low light conditions, looks like lot of details are lost. I am yet to photograph this Asian Paradise Flycatcher
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
23-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Jitendra,
Where and when did you photograph this?

I am sure that people are confused that it looks slightly different than the paradise flycatcher. In the image the bird has a blue crest as opposed to a black crest normally seen in males.

The Birds of South Asia The Ripley Guide says:
In C Nicobars nicobarica has very short crest, bluer gloss on head than saturatior, an olive upper mantle and darker underparts with cinnamon flanks and chestnut vent; darker and more saturated overall than saturatior.

However, there is no mention in the book that the nicobarica is seen in mainland India.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi