PDA

View Full Version : An age old tree..

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
26-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Canon eos 1000d, SS-1/60, f-5, ISO-200, mode-A-dep,
i suppose a vertical would have been better..i had taken that angle too, but i liked this..it wud have been better to crop a little from the right..but i wanted to include the jungle feel thats it..

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
26-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Looks like a massive silk cotton tree (bombax ceiba).

Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
26-01-2010, 12:38 PM
The perspective is nice. The sunburst takes away attention here though from the rest of the image. If you could have avoided it it might have been better in my opinion.

Playing around to see how a B/W version looks like.

Mrudul Godbole
26-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice composition. The b/w version looks good, but I liked the colourful green better, it kind of gives a feel of the jungle. I liked the image. Thanks for sharing.

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
26-01-2010, 08:17 PM
thank u all..ya the sun takes away the attention...but it was a rare thing at that moment..that too exactly at the base of the frame..that made me include it..the B/W is amazing..i do admit it bibhav...:-)

i probably feel that it might be Canarium strictum...(the resin of which is used for making high quality incense sticks) because we can see the peeling of bark, which opens up from bottom portion to top..which is a typical character in Canarium..usually in other trees it peels of at the top portion first..if it was bombax ceiba..we will observe the prickles on the surface of the bark or a corky degraded surface which never peels...any how i accept both the trees are very larger varieties..

Mohan Raj
27-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Good Photo. Information you share here is amazing.