PDA

View Full Version : Different Composition - Painted Stork

Praveen Siddannavar
04-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Shot this Painted Stork at Ranganthittu...

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D, 100-400mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 200
Focal Length 190mm
Handhed

Bibhav Behera
04-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Praveen,
I like the droplets falling from the beak.
I played around with your image and did a few things
1. Cropped to correct horizon tilt and composition
2. Reduced highlights on the back
3. Sharpened a bit more

Let me know what you feel about the repost.

Abhishek Jamalabad
04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Nice pose. Wish you were more to the left, in a position to get a more side-on shot. Bibhav's repost looks better. The saturation seems a little too high to me in both images though.

Mrudul Godbole
04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi Praveen,

Nice action. Wondering why you didnt photograph at 400mm, you could have got a full frame.
The composition in the repost looks good. Cropping the hint of tail on the right would have enhanced it further.
I think the sharpness and the highlight in the original were fine.

Praveen Siddannavar
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Bibhav thanks for the repost, it looks good

Mrudul - If I shot at 400mm, i would'nt get the stork in full as it was quite close, hence i had to adjust the focal length to get full image and the bg.

Mrudul Godbole
04-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Mrudul - If I shot at 400mm, i would'nt get the stork in full as it was quite close, hence i had to adjust the focal length to get full image and the bg.

Hi Praveen,

I intended to say that a focal length longer than 190 mm would have been good, so that you could have avoided the hint of feather on the right, as well as get a close portrait of the painted stork.

Anuradha Nautiyal
04-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi Praveen,

Nice one .. I managed to get a similar shot .. but from a mile away :-)

TFS
Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
05-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I like the drinking pose. I agree with the crop from the bottom. Also, avoiding the one feather at the right would be good. If it is a full frame, then a longer focal length would have been even better. Did you do any recovery of highlights? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Cheers,
Sabyasachi