PDA

View Full Version : Open Billed Stork

Anuradha Nautiyal
04-02-2010, 10:30 PM
well.... after a long hiatus .. finally managed to post one picture here. I hope you will like it. As always .. C&C are welcomed

Bibhav Behera
05-02-2010, 12:41 AM
I like the composition . More space around would have helped. You can correct the horizon tilt a bit too. Thanks for sharing.

Mohan Raj
05-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I like the composition, the bird and background. Freeze of water drops shows the life in the photo.

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Lovely shot. Nice compo, and the water drops add a lot. More space around would have been great. Please post the equipment and EXIF details.

Mrudul Godbole
05-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Its nice to see something from you after a long time :). Nice action. The water droplets make the image interesting. Agree about the space, especially at the bottom to include its feet. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Welcome back. The water droplets add to the image. Agree with the previous comments. The whites in the neck portion appear to have lost details. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anuradha Nautiyal
07-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback. Its always good to learn from you all immensely talented people out there.

Sabyasachi , for avoiding loosing details on whites .. should I be reducing the Exposure compensation ? I am still confused when to reduce and when to increase

Thanks
Anu

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Reducing exposure compensation means dialling in a - compensation such as -1/3rd, -2/3d, -1 stop etc.

I suggest that you enable the option to show you highlights. I am not conversant with the menu options in the Nikon cameras. You need to check it in your manual. When you see that highlights are blinking, then dial in - exposure compensation.

As a dummy's guide, take it that you have to dial + exposure compensation when the bird is against the sky or a bright background. You have to be careful about birds with white feathers like egrets, pelicans etc. These whites get blown out easily.

You can check this tutorial:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2006

A advanced tutorial on metering:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1970
(one needs to login to access it)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi