PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub with Tumor

Sabyasachi Patra
31-01-2009, 09:36 PM
I had photographed this Tiger cub with tumor in Bandhavgarh National Park. This cub had lot of character. Increasingly, animals will have such problems due to pollution.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/200, EV +1/3

I would have been happy if it would have turned its head a bit towards me. Would love to hear your views.

Vikram Nanjappa
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I have seen a tumor similar to this on a adult female elephant , except that it was much longer - the entire length of her stomach. I do not know what happened to her. However I saw another large growth or tumor on the hind leg of an elephant calf. The calf must have been about a few months old. While it was walking with a pronounced limp , it seemed otherwise healthy . However its family kept close to it and I was able to observe them over a period of about two months.This family group moved around quite a bit and the calf was able to keep up. I observed that the tumor was reducing in size and after two months it had totally disappeared. The calf survived.I have the whole incident on videotape. I was using a handycam at that time and whenever I saw this group I would film them. I have seen elephants with wounds spraying it with mud. I will post a photograph of a tusker doing the same.