Camera - Canon EOS 1000D
Lens - EF-S18 - 135 mm
Shutter Speed - 1/400 sec
AV - f/5.6
Focal Lenght - 135 mm

Sabyasachi Patra
07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Swapnil,
Is the background a wall? I can see shadows on the wall. Was it close to the wall

I like the pose. The ruffled feathers make it interesting. You need a higher shutter speed to capture these beauties. You have used ISO 200 and the shutter speed was 1/400th of second. ISO 400 would have given you 1/800 seconds and it would have been better. However, I have no idea as to how big is this crop.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Swapnil Dighe
07-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi,

Background is sky and the shadow that you see is actually a wire and this is a big crop.

Just a question,wouldn't a higher ISO value cause a noise in the photo or 400 is ok?

Best regards,
Swapnil

Mrudul Godbole
07-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Nice perch. Liked the ruffled feathers. Agree with Sabyasachi about the ISO. ISO 400 should have been good, it doesn't cause much noise. In case if it is big crop, then noise would be more evident. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-02-2010, 07:21 PM
These days the level of noise in high ISOs is very less. To start with, your exposure should be right. In case, you are increasing the exposure during post processing, there would be more noise. The other variable is the amount of crop. If you crop heavily, then there would be noise.

It is important to use the shutter speed necessary for the situation. A sharp image with noise is better than a unsharp image with less noise.

Also, the processing abilities of our softwares are increasing. The various software companies keep on upgrading and refining the softwares. So in a few years time, the same raw image will give you a better output. That is one of the reasons for shooting Raw as well.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
07-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice image, liked the ruffled feathers. Agree with comments made, wish it was a natural perch
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Nice image. It would have been better without the BG wires. Agree with the previous comments. Great job with the 18-135...
TFS

Bibhav Behera
10-02-2010, 01:53 PM
A beautiful bird. Wish the perch were natural. A bit more details would have been nice. Thanks for sharing.