15-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Shot in the outskirts of BBSR.

Canon EOS 1000D, EF 300mm F4L IS USM
SS 1/400
F 8
ISO 400

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice compo. The moorhen stands out well. I wish for a tad more sharpness. Wish the trees in the BG weren't painted... perhaps you can try to crop them out.
TFS

Bibhav Behera
15-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Had set the sharpen for screen option accidentally off in lightroom. This one is standard sharpened for screen.

Bibhav Behera
15-02-2010, 10:12 PM
another crop from the same image. do let me know which you find better.

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-02-2010, 10:37 PM
The sharpness in the latter versions is lovely. I think you could have cropped out the trees without cutting off the tops of the reeds. But it does make the image look tighter... just wish the trees weren't painted... Guess you have to accept it when you're shooting near the outskirts of a big city. :D

Sabyasachi Patra
15-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Bibhav,
Three in one thread is bit of overdose. :D

I am not too sure about the composition in the first image. The eye immediately goes to the top part of the image, especially with a out of focus angled post (?) and its reflection distracting a lot. The bottom half of the water has a nice reflection.

Remember the difference between painter and a photographer. A painter has a liberty to include whatever he/she likes. A photographer has to exclude elements to strengthen the composition.

Also, you should remember to press the depth of field preview button to check the depth of field. I used to always forget this during my initial days. You can also experiment with the space and position the bird occupies in the frame.

Try using a support. You get more details in the image, if you use tripod, bean bag or some support.

Happy clicking with your new toy.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
16-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Agree with the views expressed above. I think the sharpened image with the crop looks better. Would have liked to see, more details in the moorhen. The reflection in the foreground looks good.

It would have been good if you had made all the changes in one image, so it would have have been easier to comment. Thanks for sharing.